This Privacy Statement applies to http://www.yteach.com, as well as the mobile application Y TEACH, owned and operated by Young Teachers, Inc. (“YTEACH”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”). This privacy statement describes how YTEACH collects and uses the personal information you provide on the domain umbrella of http://www.yteach.com, our mobile sites and mobile applications, and any other application or access point we make available to you (collectively, our “Web Properties”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect certain personal information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect the following personal information from you:
- First and Last Name
- School e-mail address
- Parent/Guardian e-mail
Information We Collect Automatically on Our Web Properties:
- As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system, as well as the other information listed in the “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section below. We do link this collected data to other information we collect about you. We use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide the fundamental functionality of the platform.
- To allow students to identify themselves to other students for the purpose of peer tutoring.
- To allow students to identify themselves to school staff for documenting community service hours credit.
- Compile statistics and conduct analysis about your use of our products in order to provide a better service, and to create new features and functions to the present and future users.
- Administer your account.
- Link or combine with other information we received from third parties to help understand your needs, provide you with better service and for marketing purposes.
- Monitor and analyze activity on our Web Properties.
- Provide, improve, maintain and operate our services.
- Send you administrative messages, invoices, order confirmations, security alerts, support messages, technical notices, and updates.
- Investigate and respond to illegal activities or fraudulent transactions and/or fraudulent usage of our Web Properties.
- Respond to customer service requests and provide support.
- Respond to your comments, concerns and questions.
- Send you requested information and for other purposes which we have notified you about.
- We may collect and transmit to a third-party partner for payment processing, but do not keep or archive credit card details and other sensitive data on our servers. This type of information is sent to third parties utilizing token encryption technology and SSL certificates to ensure that the transfer of this encrypted information is secure on each transaction.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our services or Web Properties or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S.
We provide tutor matching services from our Web Properties (the “Service”) that permits users to find and connect with available tutors. This Policy does not apply to personal information that you share separately with other users.
Choice/Opt-Out for Communications from Us
Customers can opt out of being contacted by us by following the opt-out instructions located in the e-mails we may send you, by changing your privacy settings in the Service, or by contacting us at at any time.
However, YTEACH reserves the right to send its existing customers certain communications relating to the Service as part of our commercial relationship with you, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to cancel your account by logging in to your YTEACH account, accessing the Account Admin menu, and clicking the Cancel Account link.
Except as provided for in our User Agreement (or other subscription agreement you entered into with us, if any) and this Policy, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
We do not sell any of your personal information to third parties or allow third parties to use it for their marketing purposes.
We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. For example, we may use third party data centers to host our Web Properties or to store documents uploaded to our application. We obtain appropriate contractual and technical protections to limit these service providers’ use and disclosure of your personal information.
We release personal information if we believe we must do so to comply with the law, to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, to enforce our User Agreement (or other subscription agreement you entered into with us, if any), or to protect the rights and safety of YTEACH, our customers, our individual users and the general public.
If YTEACH is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership that affects your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Behavioral Targeting and Remarketing
Additional Policy Information
Our website may offer publicly accessible newsletters, blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We will retain your personal information that you provide to us for as long as needed to provide you services or as described in our User Agreement (or other subscription agreement you entered into with us, if any). We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Links to Other Websites
Our Web Properties may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of YTEACH. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS). We make every reasonable effort to protect your personal information, but no company, including YTEACH, can guarantee the absolute security of Internet communications. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you want to remove your personal information that is being displayed on our website under public pages, please send your request to email@example.com.
Updates and Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it using the Account Administration settings, contacting an administrator of your organization’s YTEACH Account or by emailing or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 5 days.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our Web Properties prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Questions regarding our Policy or the practices concerning our Web Properties should be directed as a security question, or by regular mail addressed to Young Teachers, Inc., Attn: Legal, 10030 SW 40 Street, Suite B, Miami, Florida 33165.
This document was last updated on 04/22/2019.