Since the beginning of 2020, the way in which schools operate has done a complete 180 degree turn into virtual learning as a result of the spread of COVID-19. Because of this, students have had to quickly adapt to changes in the classroom, teaching methods, and their own academic strategies.
As a student myself, I know how difficult it can be to stay organized and engaged with virtual learning. I was always used to a rigid schedule that was given to me by my school, and suddenly I had to dedicate extra energy into setting up a new learning system that worked for me.
As the new school year is approaching in the midst of so much uncertainty, here are some key tips to succeed no matter what school looks like for you.
- Plan Your Day – It’s easier to stay on track and be productive if you wake up every day with a plan instead of having to think of what’s the next step you’re going to take. I recommend using Google Calendar for this.
- Create A Virtual Binder – Keep all of your handouts and assignments in one place that is organized, sharable, and easily accessible. I recommend using Google Drive for this.
- Make A Task List – Organize all of your to-dos in one place that you can constantly look at to stay on track. I recommend using MeisterTask for this.
- Talk To Your Friends – It’s hard to keep track of everything that you need to do on your own. Reach out to friends who have similar teachers or classes and ask them about what strategies they are using.
- Be Flexible – There is no perfect formula for success, especially with so many uncontrollable variables coming into play. Experiment with different tools and strategies to see what works best for you.
For this week’s #MakeItHappen, start by making a schedule and a list of things you need to do on paper before transferring it to an online platform. Let us know how it goes and email us at email@example.com or share your story and tag us on social.
Go make it happen,
Stefano & the YTeach Team
“Change is the end result of all true learning.”
– Leo Buscaglia