|§ 1. General Provisions
§ 2. Portal Users
- These conditions [Conditions of Use] define the general terms and conditions of using the "yTeach" educational Internet portal [Portal]. The provisions of these Conditions of Use are binding for each Portal user. Each user may review the Conditions of Use free of charge, before starting to use the Portal resources and making payment for access.
- The Portal owner is Young Digital Planet S.A. [YDP]. YDP may operate the Portal alone or allow a third party to operate it.
- The Portal is available on the Internet at:
§ 3. Copyright protection
- The Portal is intended for individual users, particularly students and teachers [Individual User], and schools [School].
§ 4. Use of Portal resources - licence
- The copyrights to the resources published in the Portal as well as the choice of contents, graphic design and Portal layout are owned by YDP. The copyrights are covered by legal copyright protection and any person infringing these copyrights shall be liable under the Polish Copyright and Related Rights Act of 4 February, 1994 (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2006 No. 90, item 631, as amended) harmonized with the Union directives.
- Insofar as using the Portal enters the sphere of copyrights referred to in Clause 1, users may use the resources only for personal purposes or teaching purposes related to classes at school.
- Users have no right to any resale or commercial use of the Portal and its contents. This Portal or any part of this Portal may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of YDP.
§ 5. Licence termination
- The Portal provides resources of an educational nature. YDP provides users with the right to use the educational resources according the type of licence selected by the user.
- The registration procedure consists of completing a registration form in which the user is requested to provide some personal data. Having completed the registration process the user receives a password which will activate his/her personal account.
- An individual user may use the Portal resources within the permitted personal use limits without having to register and pay the licence fees. Such unregistered, free access only allows an individual User to view the Portal resources.
- After registration, an individual User may create lesson timetables and class assignment in the Portal using the Portal resources.
- An individual User will receive a licence to use the Portal resources to teach within the school classes only after registration and payment of an appropriate licence fee. A licence is granted for a limited period of time, depending on the type of license purchased.
- After registration and payment of an appropriate licence fee, a school receives a licence to use selected Portal resources for any number of Individual Users for teaching within school classes for a relevant period of time, depending on the type of license purchased. The school network administrator may create logins for his/her users. School has also a possibility to create the SCORM packages from selected Portal resources.
§ 6. Delivery timescales
- Should the user breach the licence conditions described in these Conditions of Use, YDP may demand that the User should cease the breaching and - if necessary – rectify the effects of such breaching within a time period defined by YDP and YDP may terminate the licence with immediate effect upon if that time period expires without full remedy. Licence fees paid will not be refunded.
§ 7. Refunds and Cancellations
- Purchased resources will become available for use as soon as a transaction has been confirmed (in the case of credit card / debit card payments), and within 1 working day of processing other payment methods.
§ 8. Disclaimer of Warranties
- Portal offers an open access approach which is designed to allow potential customers the chance to assess the Portal resources before buying or subscribing. However, as an Individual User you have the right to cancel the purchase of a licence to use the Portal resources valid for seven working days after the date of purchase.
§ 9. Liability
- This Portal and the contents and services included on or otherwise made available to the users through this Portal are provided by YDP on an "as is" and "as available" basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. YDP makes no warranty that the Portal will meet the user's requirements and the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. The user expressly agrees that his/her use of this Portal is at his/her sole risk.
§ 10. Undesirable contents
- YDP or the person operating the Portal on YDP's behalf will not be liable for:
- infringing any person's rights by opinions, comments and other statements of users disseminated in the Portal or for losses resulting from infringement of such rights;
- the way in which users use the Portal resources provided to them.
- The liability referred to in Clause 1 will be incurred exclusively by the user.
- YDP makes no warranty of faultless and uninterrupted access to the Portal resources.
§ 11. Technical requirements
- The contents published in the Portal by YDP or the person operating the Portal on YDP's behalf are consistent with Polish and international laws. They do not incite racial, religious or ethnical hatred. The Portal does not contain pornography or contents that are morally reprehensible and commonly considered as unethical.
The following minimum technical requirements must be fulfilled by the user to use the Portal.
- Processor: 900MHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) or above
- Supported OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux (all stable platforms)
- Memory: 256MB RAM
- Screen res: 1024x768 or higher
- Colour depth: 16 bit (high colour) or above
- Audio: sound card (soundblaster equivalent)
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible integrated video chip with 128MB Ram, 64MB DirectX 9 compatible standalone graphics card preferred
- Browsers: Windows: IE6, IE7, Firefox 1.5; Mac: Safari 2.0, Firefox 1.5; Linux: Firefox 2.0
- Plugins: Flash 8 or above. Click to download the latest free version of Flash Player, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Cookies: enabled
Language courses require the installation of a speech recording and recognition tool. This tool only works properly with Internet Explorer 6 .
For best results, yTeach resources should be viewed in full screen mode. In your browser, select View > Full screen, or use the F11 key.
§ 12. Final provisions
- Amendments to these Conditions of Use will be introduced by publication in the Portal and becoming binding for users from the moment of publication.
- Any questions, comments and reservations related to the Portal should be addressed to YDP at: .
- In matters not governed by these Conditions of Use the laws of Poland and in particular the provisions of the Civil Code and the Copyright and Related Rights Act of 4 February, 1994 will apply.
- Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, users agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, users agrees to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which he/she resides.